Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

SPRINGFIELD, TN VICE MAYOR PERVERT

SPRINGFIELD VICE MAYOR PERVERT

HERE IS AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE VICE MAYOR OF SPRINGFIELD, TN HE IS WHINING BECAUSE HE IS NOW ON THE SEX OFFENDER WEBSITE. HE MOLESTED A 16 YEAR OLD WHEN HE WAS WORKING AS A COUNSELOR AND NOW HE WANTS AN EXCEPTION. HE MAKES ME ABSOLUTELY SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HERE IS THE FULL STORY FROM WWW.NEWSCHANNEL5.COM

SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. - Springfield residents are speaking out after learning the town's vice mayor is a convicted sex offender.
It all started when James Hubbard's profile appeared on the state's sex offender registry.
Hubbard said he did it and admits it was a huge mistake.
Now, he wants to get on with his life.
Court records indicate that Hubbard's troubles date back to 1991 when he was a 44-year-old counselor at Springfield High School.
According to the 16-year-old victim's complaint, she was in his office when Hubbard unzipped her pants and put his hands between her legs. Then he unzipped his own pants and made her perform a sex act.
He was later convicted for statutory rape.
"I made a mistake," Hubbard said. "I hate that mistake. I die daily from that mistake."
His past came back to haunt him, in part, due to a new state law requiring all convicted sex offenders to register with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
His profile popped up this week.
"I basically feel that people like me, who pay their dues, shouldn't have to go back through this wretched situation, to be opened up in public and humiliated for something that they paid their dues for," Hubbard said.
A number of his constituents are standing behind him.
"I think he paid his price and I think he's doing well," said Aaron Lucas.
Lucas said Hubbard served his punishment and should be free to serve the community with no problems.
"We all make mistakes," Lucas said. "we all got skeletons in our closet."
However those feelings aren't shared by all.
"You don't want to know what I think should happen to a guy who rapes a minor," said Matt Gamblin.
"I'm not backing down. For those people who feel I shouldn't be there, God bless them. But I'm not running," Hubbard said.
Hubbard said he will continue to serve the community and doesn't plan to resign from his post.
Hubbard said he plans to appeal to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation to get his profile removed from the registry. A loophole in the law may allow him to do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope my mom saw this!!! Love ya LeeLee. Sorry that I haven't called you back. In all reality I keep forgetting too! Not because you aren't important, just because I'm a Crazy Nut!!! Anyways, talk to you very soon. And next time you call, please leave your number.

CatsEyes